Founded in 2012, ByteDance is a technology company operating a range of content platforms that inform, educate, entertain and inspire people across languages, cultures, and geographies. With a suite of more than a dozen products, including TikTok, Douyin, Toutiao, Helo, and Resso, ByteDance now has a portfolio of applications available in over 150 markets and 75 languages.
• Follow the Linux kernel community and support analysis and fixing bugs
• Capture and synthesize the needs of product teams, and develop kernel features accordingly
• Explore and work with industry-leading technology and hardware
• BS or above degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• Proficiency with at least one modern programming language such as Golang, C/C++, Python
• Deep understanding of operating systems. Familiar with at least one subsystems among MM, scheduler, filesystem, network, and group
• Familiar with various debugging tools (perf, systemtap, ebpf). Have the ability and experience to resolve performance issues in a timely manner
• Strong experience in hunting bugs (e.g. softlockup, deadlock, panic, and oom)
• A mind with creativity and a fast learner of new technology
• Cloud industry experience
• A history of participation in Linux kernel mailing lists is a plus
ByteDance is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At ByteDance, our mission is to inspire creativity and enrich life. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn’t be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.